Here is another project that started out as one thing and ended up as another!
I spun up a bunch of chunky yarn out of wool and Angora Rabbit hair (which I raised at the time).
Then I dyed it using dried Cochineal bugs (pink), and Woad (blue) from my garden.
The purples come from combining the two colors using over-dying.
My plans were to crochet a sweater, but it was just too chunky (think heavy!) and not enough yardage.
I ended up crocheting a patchwork lap sized blanket.
I think I've learned a lesson about the necessity of proper planning! Next time I want to try making a sweater I will do some sample swatches before I spin up and entire basketful of yarn!