Friday, February 26, 2010

The Gingerbread House Project


I'm always looking for projects to do with my kids that are interesting enough for me to stay intrigued.  This gingerbread house project turned out pretty good in keeping us all involved.  I put on the icing and the kids put on the candy.  

I checked out a book from the library called Gingerbread Houses by Christa Currie.  It didn't have any pictures in it, which I always look for in a book, but it did have illustrations and great recipes and instructions.


First I baked up the gingerbread into correctly sized pieces.  


Then I assembled it together. 


Then the kids started putting candy on the seams while I added more decorative icing.


I told them what candy might look good for each area and they stuck to that for the most part.


The kids continued to apply candy as I continued to work on the yard decorations.



Building the fence. 



Welcome to our house!



Aerial Shot


Close-up gum drops.



Firewood.



All Done!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun project for the kids;
    they'll remember this.
    Looks like enuf sugar to make one loopy!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete